Sunday, August 24, 2014

Bhajan sandhya (Sweet memories)
















Bhajan Sandhya
Bhajan Sandhya, as the name suggests is the event of the evening. We OSAC, Old students of Chinmaya perform bhajans, singing in praise of the Lord. The idea of the bhajan sandhya to my knowledge was initiated by our Ganesh anna, a CHYK. He has always encouraged us in all spiritual endeavors. So planned, we started this event in our school, performing on the eve of our Gurudev swami chinmayanandha's Aradhana day.

Bhajan Sandhya 2008- The first initiative

This was our first year and we started preparing with the songs we had sung in the school bhajans. This year's bhajan sandhya comprised of songs for all the Gods. We had Tabla and Mridangam accompanying us. The singers as in below photo ( top row- from left: Thushara, viji, karthikeyan, Ghayathri, Hema sri; Bottom row: Harish with mirudhangam, mukunth, aravind, shobana, srinidhi,Sriram and Raghavan)

Bhajan Sandhya 2009

























We have our school at srirangam. It has a neat campus with a hanumanji temple. OSAC can be called as a group of friends/ people of similar age group performing deeds. Though the Goals and objectives are yet to be made specific, the path we have walked so far has been great. Personally, I felt happiness being ONE with them, ONE among them.

Learning- I would say are many. Team work, understanding of every indivudual, respect for every person, patience, punctuality, dedication, and the list prolongs.
It helped me understand more about myself and my role as an OSAC. I had the wonderful opportunity to co-ordinate the event- LOGIN.

LOGIN is the summer camp we enjoy every summer with kids. I must say I became one among the little kids enjoying, singing, dancing with them. Nothing mattered to me. I lost the identity of ME. I was ONE with them.

LOGIN gave wonderful brothers and sisters who are all fun to be with. No words to describe the fun and happiness. I cherish all the moments shared with my friends.

The trips to kollimalai, thiru eengoi malai, thirunelvaeli, thiruchendur, kanyakumari are memorable. Special mention here goes to our Swamiji, Ganesh anna who has been a guide for all of us.












No comments: